Author, Academic Hahrie Han Visits ACTU
The ACTU Organising Centre had the pleasure of hosting Professor Hahrie Han in her visit to Melbourne and Sydney in February 2019. In this presentation to Victorian trade unionists at the ACTU in Melbourne, Hahrie presents what she has found during her research on organisations. She addresses the concepts of organising, power and transformation.
What is power?
Do resources give people power?
What are the styles of leadership and organisational structures that lead to different levels of engagement from members and constituents? Hahrie Han is the Anton Vonk Professor of Political Science and Environmental Politics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She specializes in the study of civic and political participation, collective action, organising, and social change.. She has published three books including How Organizations Develop Activists: Civic Associations and Leadership in the 21st Century.
How to access this video and audio:
- Follow this link on your mobile device or computer.
- You will be asked to sign-in or register. Sign in if you have a password (which you may if you have enrolled in a course though the Organising Centre recently), or, register and create your own password – it only takes a minute!
- To get to the page while signed in, you may have to again click on this link in this email: A conversation with Hahrie Han
- Click the "enrol" button on the left of the page.
- After enrolling, "open" buttons should appear, like in the image below. Click on "open" to access either the video or the audio:
If you have any trouble accessing the material, please email us.